The City of Maupin & the Maupin Area Chamber Endowment (MACE) Deschutes River Athletic Complex (DRAC) are speeding toward completing an amazing world class Track & Field Athletic Complex and event center showcasing the wild and scenic lower Deschutes River at the crossroads of Central and Eastern Oregon and the Columbia River Gorge. The community of Maupin has already raised more than $500,000 for the Deschutes River Athletic Complex. The total Fundraising Campaign goal is to raise the final $1,000,000 to be competition and event ready in 2021.
Maupin Ride the Rapids is a partnership with Hood to Coast and in our first year our ride will be lightly supported by volunteers and the local community.
The goal for this event are:
1. Investment in the community and connection of building DRAC!
2. Swag bag that will have a value significantly higher than rides with thousands of participants.
3. Beautiful course with an organized start and finish, food and beverages. The route follows much of the Oregon Scenic Bikeways including the Sherar’s Falls Scenic Bikeway which forms a topographically diverse loop that encircles the high-desert canyon of the Deschutes along with some expansive open prairie to the river’s west.
4. Reason come out and camp, ride, enjoy other outdoor and cycling enthusiasts to make this first year event successful
5. Raise awareness and funds to complete this project in style.
Let’s Ride the Rapids and make it happen!
DATE: OCTOBER 9th, 2021 @ 9:00am
61 miles (Metric Century Ride) Route Map
39 miles Route Map
WHERE: Maupin, OR
To raise funds for MACE to build a world class Athletic Complex in Maupin, Oregon.
The goals of this cycling event are to enhance community facilities, increase community spirit, and economic development while attracting world class athletes / cyclists, while also being ready the for Oregon 2022 World Track & Field Championships in Maupin, OR, and future cycling events.
$150 of the $200 registration fee will go directly to MACE to build this state of the art facility.
Explore Maupin and Camp and Bike with us!
The ride will be supported with food, water and electrolytes. Riders and Sliders will be on the course for mechanical support.
Yes, plan ahead of time to stay overnight in Maupin, The Dalles or bring your RV or Tent to stay at the Wasco County Fairgrounds. Click here for camping information!
At the finish line, there will be food available for participants!
We have multiple ways to support the project. Visit www.maupindrac.org to donate directly, donate stock, donate through Benevity (Nike and Intel Employees) or contact us directly to learn more.